Monday, May 4, 2009

Shiny skies and Greek yogurt

I love waking up to a shiny morning and hope everyone else has the same kind of sky.

Today I felt like fixing the Dutchess a light breakie of Greek yogurt with some berries, granola, and honey. Nothing green.

I think Greek yogurt is superior to any other kind of yogurt out there. It's texture and consistency cannot be beat. Very rich, thick and creamy without it being loaded down with artificial sweeteners and flavors. I prefer Fage brand Greek yogurt. If your grocery doesn't carry it, ask if they will. That's what I did. Or course it helps when the general manager of my grocery store is also a spin buddy. Hi Jeff!

Take a few red, ripe, juicy
strawberries. Rinse and set on a paper towel to soak up the moisture otherwise you'll be adding moisture to the yogurt. I added a few sprinkles of granola and then a layer of the yogurt.

Keep layering and adding until your bowl is as full as you'd like it. The perfect size for the Dutchess is a small coffee cup. Top with some honey, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment